Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 146,105 pages of information and 231,598 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.
First made by Trustlove Pumps
c1932 Manufacturing rights purchased by F. W. Brackett and Co
F.W. Brackett & Co. Ltd purchased the manufacturing and selling rights in approx. 1932-3. The pumps were built in batches of 50 to 100 at a time, for hot and cold water uses; they have proved to be very durable, giving long service without need for much maintenance.
Argosy pumps were manufactured as either single or twin-cylinder sets, powered by a Villiers diesel engine or by an electric motor. The emblem of the ship on the side was in the original design but it is not known why this was used.
1970 F.W. Brackett & Co sold the Argosy Pump business, together with tooling and spares, to E. W. Farrow and Sons, Cross Engineering Works, Thorington (now trading as Wickhams Ltd)