Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 148,095 pages of information and 233,633 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.
of Steelworks Road, Battersea
Joists, girders and tiles for fire-proof floors
1870 firm was founded by Archibald D. Dawnay, first conducted from offices in the City of London
1897 firm incorporated
Later a move was made to works Nine Elms. A second works was established at East Moors, Cardiff
1908 the volume of business necessitated greater works accommodation, the London establishment was transferred to the head offices and works at Battersea.
Post-WWI temporary offices, which had been established in Norwich to facilitate the supervision of contracts in that area, were made permanent; works were built close by.
1924 Extension to Welwyn Garden City
1927 Established the King's Dock Works of William Arrol and Co, Swansea.