Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 148,337 pages of information and 233,846 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.
Linked the two towns with a link to Almericloss with a total length of just over fifteen miles.
1839 The line opened in full with a 5ft 6in gauge and locomotives from the Dundee Foundry Co
1849 The line was opened on January 3rd.
1856 Scottish Midland Junction Railway absorbed the line on 29 July 1856.