Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 131,481 pages of information and 208,947 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.
Andrews Liver Salt dates back to 1894, when provision importer Mr Scott and Mr Turner decided there was a future for the health-giving properties of their tonic. The name Andrews was adopted for the product as the Scott and Turner offices was close to St Andrew’s Church, in Newgate Street, Newcastle-upon-Tyne.
The trademark Andrews Liver Salt was registered in 1909 and the product was soon exported all over the world.