Anderson, Green and Co
For many years Sir Kenneth Anderson and Sir Frederick Green (1845–1927) alternated annually as Orient Line chairman, until Greens sold out their interests to Lord Inchcape when P&O acquired a controlling interest in the Orient Line in 1919. A new firm, Anderson, Green and Co Ltd., then managed the Orient Line on its new owner’s behalf until the subsidiary was formally absorbed into its senior partner in 1960.
1960 Anderson, Green & Co. Ltd. became a shipbroking firm
1975 renamed Anderson Hughes following further rationalisation.