Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 128,469 pages of information and 202,900 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.
of Hamilton House, Victoria Embankment, London, EC4
of Leigh, Lancs
The Anchor Cable Co was later absorbed by Callenders
1927 British Insulated Cables, Callenders, Anchor Cable Co and W. T. Henleys Telegraph Works Co made an agreement for 21 years, the Cable Research Closer Working Agreement, which expired on 31st December, 1947, with the objects, as set out in the agreement, of: — (1) effecting economies and improvements in the quality of manufacture of the products of its members; (2) improving research and providing for the benefits of any new inventions, made jointly or individually, to be made available equally to all members; (3) standardising products; (4) rationalising manufacture, so tar as practicable; (5) limiting expenditure on sales and business organisation to the minimum compatible with efficiency and avoiding all duplication of work.
1931 A member of Cable Research.
1937 Advert in British Industries Fair Catalogue as Maker of C. M. A. (Cable Makers' Association) Cables. Manufacturers of Electric Wires and Cables for all purposes. (Electricity: Industrial and Domestic Section - Stand Nos. Cb.501 and Cb.400) 
1950 Anchor Cable Co finally lost its separate identity within the British Insulated Callender's Cables organization but continued as a manufacturing unit. The Leigh facility became the Anchor Works.