Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 140,199 pages of information and 227,382 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.
Built in 1873 by Lucas Brothers at Muswell Hill, London.
It burned down 16 days later, leaving only the outer walls. 
The rebuild was completed and opened again on 1st May 1875.
The following was extracted from an article in The Engineer 1875/05/07.
The main hall, a building 386ft long by 184ft wide, is certainly without any rival in the metropolis. Its proportions are admirable, and the style of decoration affords evidence that the true principles of decorative art are at last beginning to be comprehended in England.
The ironwork of the roof is by Messrs Handyside, of Derby;
Messrs Lucas Brothers being the contractors for the whole structure, and Mr. Johnson the architect.
At one end of the hall is an organ by Willis a magnificent instrument....