of Brightlingsea, Essex.
The yard was owned by the Aldous family and built ships in wood and steel which were then re-erected overseas.
1875 Company founded.
1934 Became private company.
1928 Saxonia - bawley built by Aldous Successors Ltd of Brightlingsea.
1942 Built a 45' refuelling boat for Sunderland Flying Boats, Pennant no:1058.
1961 Manufacturers of vessels up to 160ft in length, in wood and steel, also re-erection of craft up to 300ft. Three slipways of 500 tons capacity, 250ft in length. 120 employees. 
1965 Company liquidated.
Sources of Information
- British Shipbuilding Yards. 3 vols by Norman L. Middlemiss
- 1961 Dun and Bradstreet KBE
- L. A. Ritchie, The Shipbuilding Industry: A Guide to Historical Records (1992)