Adrian Church Hare
Adrian Church Hare (1891-1949)
1950 Obituary 
"ADRIAN CHURCH HARE was born in 1891, and received his education at St. Paul's School and at Caius College, Cambridge, where he graduated B.A. in the mechanical science tripos in. 1914, proceeding to the degree of M.A. later. On leaving Cambridge he began to serve an apprenticeship with the British Westinghouse and Manufacturing Company, Ltd., at Manchester, which was, however, soon interrupted by the war of 1914-18.
He was granted a commission in the infantry but was transferred later to the Royal Engineers with whom he saw service in France. On demobilization in 1919 he took up an appointment as assistant chief engineer to the Planters Margarine Company, Ltd. (now Planters Foods), of Bromboro' Port, Cheshire, and a year later was promoted to be chief engineer.
He resigned this post in 1929, and joined the staff of Messrs. Lever Brothers, Ltd., at Port Sunlight, as assistant chief mechanical engineer. Since 1937 he had been technical assistant to Messrs. Ernest Griffiths and Son, of Liverpool, consulting engineers. During the 1939-45 war he was a member of the Red Cross. Mr. Hare, whose death occurred on 9th October 1949, was elected an Associate Member of the Institution in 1929."