Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 126,800 pages of information and 199,893 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.
The company registered as Aberystwith and Welsh Coast Railway (note spelling which was the common usage of the town name at the time)
The Aberystwyth and Welsh Coast Railway was a standard gauge railway built in 1863 connecting major towns on the Welsh coast.
The railway was authorised in 1862 and construction began in 1863 at Aberystwyth.
The line was extended from Barmouth to Pwllheli via Porthmadog in 1867 the same year it was absorbed into the Cambrian Railways.