Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 148,434 pages of information and 233,876 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.
1935 Formed as a private company called Trevithick Weld Ltd
A group of industrialists wanted to bring new industry to a deprived area of South Wales.
1937 The company was renamed Aberdare Cables Ltd and incorporated as a public company; George Usher was chairman, he was also MD of International Combustion; a factory was built at Aberdare; production started in 1938.
1948 Aberdare Electric Co, of Eire, represented the company in the Irish Republic; the company provided it with technical assistance. A limited number of shares, mainly from those owned by International Combustion, were made available to the Stock Market; demand was enthusiastic. The directors were George Usher and Frederick Penny, chairman and MD respectively of International Combustion and John Pascoe, MD of British Timken
1950 Became private company.
1951 New holding company for the group was formed, named Aberdare Cable (Holdings) Ltd, as its interests expanded. Aberdare Cables would be one of its subsidiaries.
1955 John Pascoe became chairman.
1961 Manufacturers of electric power cables. 340 employees.