Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 131,445 pages of information and 208,892 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.
of 89 London Road, London, E1. Telephone: Waterlo 4460, 6766 and 5527
1930s The Schreiber family commenced production of radio chassis in the basement of their radio shop at 89 London Road, Elephant & Castle.
WWII. They thrived by producing aluminium radio and radar components, and it is assumed that it was during those years that manufacturing moved to what would become the first Kaymet Works at 41 Kennington Lane, SE11, behind the Lamb & Hare pub.
After the war Sydney Schreiber led the shift to anodised domestic ware production, and started the Kaymet brand in 1947. At that time the company name was A. Kahn after the assumed name Kahn that Mr Schreiber used until around 1957. The Kaymet name combined the 'K' of Kahn and met from metal.
1947 Listed Exhibitor - British Industries Fair. Manufacturers of "Kaymet" range of anodised aluminium Fancy Goods, consisting of Fruit Bowls, Flower Vases, Sweet Dishes, Coffee Trays and Tea Trays, in range of permanent colours in high lustre finish. (Olympia, 1st Floor, Stand No. F.1864) 
1950 Became Kaymet Co