1893 Chicago Exhibition: Catalogue
From Graces Guide
The Royal Commission for the Chicago Exhibition 1893; Official catalogue of the British Section.
Department F: Machinery
Unless otherwise staled, the Exhibits in this Department are in the Machinery Building.
- Group 69 - Motor and Apparatus for the Generation and Transmission of Power
- Group 70 - Fire Engines; Apparatus and Appliances
- Group 71 - Machine Tools and Machines for Working Metals
- Group 72 - Machinery for the Manufacture of Textile Fabrics and Clothing
- Group 73 - Machines for Working Wood
- Group 74 - Machines and Apparatus for Type-Setting, Printing, Stamping, Embossing and for Making Books and Paper Working.
- Group 75 - Lithography, Zincography, and Colour Printing
- Group 76 - Photo-Mechanical and other Mechanical Processes of Illustrating
- Group 77 - Miscellaneous Hand-Tools, Machines and Apparatus used in Various Arts
- Group 78 - Machines for Working Stone, Clay and other Minerals
- Group 79 - Machinery used in the Preparation of Foods.
Department G: Transportation - Railways, Vessels, Vehicles
The Exhibits in this Department are in the Transportation Building, on the Ground Floor unless otherwise stated, or in its Annex.
- Group 80 - Railways, Railway Plant and Equipment
- Group 81 - Street Car and other Short Line Systems
- Group 82 - Miscellaneous Special Railways
- Group 83 - Vehicles and Methods of Transportation on Common Roads
- Group 84 - Aerial, Pneumatic and other forms of Transportation
- Group 85 - Vessels, Boats - Marine, Lake and River Transportation
- Group 86 - Naval Warfare and Coast Defence
Department H: Manufactures
Unless otherwise stated, the Exhibits in this Department are in the Manufacturers Building (Ground Floor).
- Group 87 Chemical and Pharmaceutical Products - Druggists' Supplies
- Group 88 - Paints, Colours, Dyes and Varnishes
- Group 89 - Typewriters, Paper, Blanks Books, Stationary
- Group 90 - Furniture of Interiors, Upholstery, and Artistic Decoration
- Group 91 - Ceramics and Mosaics
- Group 92 - Marble, Stone and Metal Monuments, Mausoleums, Mantels, Caskets, Coffins and Undertakers' Furnishing Goods.
- Group 93 - Art Metal Work - Enamels etc.
- Group 94 - Glass and Glassware
- Group 95 - Stained Glass in Decoration
- Group 96 - Carvings in Various Materials
- Group 97 - Gold and Silver Ware, Plate, Etc.
- Group 98 - Jewellery and Ornaments
- Group 99 - Horology - Watches, Clocks, Etc.
- Group 100 - Silk and Silk Fabrics
- Group 101 - Fabrics of Jute, Ramie and other Vegetable and Mineral Fibres
- Group 102 - Yarns and Woven Goods of Cotton, Linen and other Vegetable Fibres
- Group 103 - Woven and Felted Goods of Wool and Mixtures of Wool
- Group 104 - Clothing and Costumes
- Group 106 - Laces, Embroideries, Trimmings, Artificial Flowers, Fans etc.
- Group 107 - Hair Work, Coiffures, and Accessories of the Toilet
- Group 108 - Travelling Equipments, Valises, Trunks, Toilet Cases, Fancy Leather Work, Canes, Umbrellas, Parasols, etc.
- Group 109 - Rubber Goods, Caoutchouc, Gutta-Percha, Celluloid and Zylonite
- Group 110 - Toys and Fancy Articles
- Group 111 - Leather and Manufacturing of Leather
- Group 112 - Scales, Weights and Measures
- Group 113 - Material of War - Ordnance and Ammunition, Weapons and Apparatus of Hunting, Trapping; Military and Sporting Small Arms
- Group 114 - Lighting Apparatus and Appliances
- Group 115 - Heating and Cooking Apparatus and Appliances
- Group 116 Refrigerators, Hollow Metal Ware, Tin Plate, Enamelled Ware
Department J: Electricity and Electrical Appliances
Unless otherwise stated, the Exhibits in this Department are in the Electrical Building.
- Group 123 - Apparatus for Electrical Measurements
- Group 124 - Electric Batteries, Primary and Secondary
- Group 125 - Machines and Appliances for producing Electrical Currents by Mechanical Power - Dynamical Electricity
- Group 126 - Transmission and Regulation of the Electrical Current
- Group 127 - Electric Motors
- Group 128 - Application of Electric Motors
- Group 129 - Lighting by Electricity
- Group 130 - Heating by Electricity
- Group 131 - Electro-Metallurgy and Electro-Chemistry