Note: This information was scanned and therefore there may be errors due to that process
- John H. Gartside and Co, Limited, Buckton Vale Works, Stalybridge; and Mayo street, Ardwick; Manchester office-56, Fountain street. Telegrams, "Dendera, Manchester."
COTTON SPINNERS AND MANUFACTURERS
- George Adshead -Trustees of- Staley New Mills; 57,800 spindles, 308/708 twist and weft. Pay day second Wednesday. Telegrams, "Adshead, Stalybridge," Joseph Berry, manager.
- Albion Mills Co, Limited, Albion Mills, Huddersfield road; 50,000 spindles, 508/1008 pin cop weft, 508/968 doubling weft. Pay day third Wednesday. Joseph Rawlinson, manager; Edwin Cocker, secretary.
- Robert Byrom, Clarence Mill; 90,000 spindles, 108/508 twist and weft. Pay day first Wednesday, 10 to 12. Telegrams, "Byrom, Stalybridge."
- George Cheetham and Sons, Castle Street and Bankwood Mills; 85,000 spindles, 38/408 merino, cotton and hosiery yarns, white and coloured; 1,240 looms, plains, T cloths and domestics; Manchester warehouse-6, York street. Pay day first Wednesday, except January and July, second Wednesday. Telegrams, "Cheetham, Stalybridge."
- T. A. Harrison and Co, Limited, Chapel Street and Henry Street Mills; 50,000 spindles, 308/408 twist and weft; 926 looms, domestics, plains and twills. Pay day first Wednesday, 10-30 to 12-30. Telegrams, "Aspland, Stalybridge." Oliver Hibbert, manager; Geo. H. Whalley, sec.
- Robert Platt, Quarry Street Mills; 66,316 spindles, 908/1458 twist and weft; Manchester office-3, North parade, St. Mary's. Pay day third Wednesday, 10 to 12-30. Telegrams, "Platts, spinners, Stalybridge." Telephone No., 450, Manchester.
- John Wagstaff and Co, Limited, Aqueduct Mills; 54,804 spindles, 328/428 twist, 408/528 weft. Pay day first Wednesday, 10 to 12-30. Telegrams, "Wagstaff, Ltd, Stalybridge." Samuel Chadwick, manager; Thomas Barnett, secretary and salesman.
Stayley and Millbrook. 1 mile N.E. from Stalybridge (p189)
- Mill Brook Spinning Co, Stalybridge, 62,000 spindles, 32' twist. Pay day 14th of each month. Telephone No, 288.
- Staley Mill Co, Limited, Millbrook, 25,000 spindles, 32' twist. Pay day 14th of each month. Telephone No, 288. W. S. Lowe, Managing Director.
- Robert Hyde and Co. (roller cloths, machine blankets, woollen, linen and cotton cloths, cricketers' flannel, scarlet saxonys, &c.). Spring Grove Mills, Stayley. Pay day second Wednesday, 9 to 12. Telegrams, "Hyde, Millbrook, Stalybridge."
Sources of Information
1891 Worrall's Cotton Spinners Directory