NOTE: This page is scanned from the original and may contain some errors due to that process.
BLEACHERS AND DYERS
- Byrom Dying Co, Limited, (dyers and winders of every description of cotton and wool heeding yarns-delivered in bundle, or wound on warping bobbins or paper tubes), Mill End Dye Works, Newchurch; and Flowers Mill, Bacup. See advertisement.
- Rossendale Dyeing Co. (dyers and winders of every description of cotton and wool heading yarns, delivered in the bundle or wound on paper tubes), Scout, near Newchurch.
- Whitehead and Taylor, (dyers, bleachers, winders, &c.; cotton, woollen, and silk yarns supplied in bundle, on Warpers' bobbins, paper tubes, waterproof tubes, or wood pirns; gold plate, gold thread, &c.), Shawclough Dye Works.
COTTON SPINNERS AND MANUFACTURERS
- Mitchell Brothers (and dyers and printers), Albert Works; Manchester warehouse-38, George St. Telegrams, " Mitchells, Waterfoot."
Water. 2 miles N. from Newchurch (p141)
COTTON SPINNERS AND MANUFACTURERS.
- John Hargreaves White, Graver Weir Mill; 7,000 spindles, 21, twist, 168/401, weft; 14l looms, calicoes, twills, sheetings, &c.
WOOLLEN AND FELT MANUFACTURERS
- Richard Ashworth. (felt), Bridge End Felt Carpet Works. Telegrams, " Felts, Waterfoot."
- Richard Rostron, (white, green and crimson printed druggets, green and crimson, scarlet and blue shipping baizes, &c.), Waterbarn Mills. Goods address-" Waterfoot Station."
- David Taylor (felts, and seal rugs and blanketing), Bridge End Print Works; also at Guben, Germany.
Sources of Information
1891 Worrall's Cotton Spinners Directory