COTTON SPINNERS AND MANUFACTURERS
- Albert New Mill Co, Limited, Albert New Mill, Green lane, Hopwood; 26,000 spindles, 188/328 water twist, 248/348 cop twist. Pay day third Wednesday, 10-30 to 12-30. John Ramsbottom, manager; Ernest Jackson, secretary.
- J. W. Berry, William Street; 350 looms, velvets, velveteens, cords, moles, satteens, five-shafts, twills, &c. Pay day third Wednesday.
- Lee and Hargreaves, Hooley Bridge Mills, Hooley Bridge; 500 looms, towels; Manchester office- 7, Rook street. Pay day third Wednesday. Telegrams, " Lee Hargreaves, Heywood "; "Cairo, Manchester."
- Mutual Spinning Co, Limited, Aspinall street; 83,452 spindles, 308/508 twist, 321/608 weft; Royal Exchange, Manchester, daily, No. 15 pillar. Telegrams, " Mutual, Heywood." James Howarth, manager ; Robert Livsey, secretary.
- New York Mill Co, Limited; 57,048 weft spindles, 361561; 17,356 twist spindles, 368/42$. Pay day last Wed. J. W. Heywood, manager; Henry Ashworth, sec. Goods and passenger station-Broadfield, L. and Y. Ry.
- James Smith and Sons, Limited (grandrelle doublers, dyers, winders and warpers), Phoenix Mills, John street; 12,000 spindles, 68/1208 two fold; Dye Works, Marland, near Rochdale; Manchester warehouse-15, Palace street. Pay day last Wed. Telegrams, " Grandrelle, Heywood."
- Tattersall James and Sons, Limited, Victoria and Gregge Street Mills; 38,000 spindles, 169/448 weft, 128/288 warp ; and at Pitfield Mills, Bamford; Manchester office-14, Brown street. Pay day third Wednesday, 11 to 12, at Gregge Street Mill. Telegrams, " Sure, Heywood." John S. Porter, secretary.
- James Taylor, Wham Mill, Stanley street; 7,000 ring spindles, 168/248 extra hard twist. Pay day third Wednesday.
- Wham Bar Spinning Co, Limited, Bury st.; 22,200 spindles, 308/508 weft, 308/368 twist, 248/328 ring yarn. Pay day third Wednesday. James Fenton, manager and secretary.
- Wild and Co. (cotton spinners and doublers), Moss Mill, Bamford road; 5,600 spindles, 71/141; 4 looms, sponge cloths. Pay day third Wednesday. Telegrams, " Spinners, Heywood."
BLEACHERS, DYERS, SIZERS, &C.
- William McFarlane, (bleacher, dyer and sizer of warps and yarns), Miller's Brook Dye Works. Telegrams, " McFarlane, Heywood."
Sources of Information
Directory 1891 Worrall's Cotton Spinners
Note: This information was scanned and therefore there may be errors due to that process.