COTTON SPINNERS AND MANUFACTURERS
- Frankland and Co, Walton Street Shed; 226 looms, oxfords, winceys and worsted goods.
- Calvin Knight, Parrack Shed; 520 looms, checks, stripes and mixtures; Bradford warehouse -6, Brook street.
- Thomas Mason, Primet Mill, Colne; and Netherfield Shed, Nelson; 986 looms, oxfords, satins, serges, &c.; Bradford warehouse-30, Hall Ings.
- Preston and Co, Walk Mill; 525 looms, oxfords and Bradford dress goods, checks and stripes; Manchester warehouse-51, Mosley street; Bradford warehouse-26, Swaine st. Telegrams, " Walkmill, Colne."
- Robert Shaw and Sons, Stanley and Great Holme Mills; 69,500 spindles, 30, twist, 308/408 weft; 2,400 looms, printers and shirtings; Manchester warehouse-29A, York st. Telegrams, " Shaws, Colne."
- Richard Holroyd and Co. (and bleachers and sizers), Garden Vale Dye Works, Colne; Hamer lane, Rochdale; and Piercy street, Ancoats, Manchester; Manchester office--lA, Clarence street, Albert square. Pay day first Sat, at Rochdale
Foulridge. 1.5 miles N. from Colne (p91)
Laneshaw Bridge. 2 miles E. from Colne (p91)
Trawden. 2 miles S.E. from Colne (p91)
Sources of Information
Directory 1891 Worrall's Cotton Spinners
Note: This information was scanned and therefore there may be errors due to that process.