of Time Works, Barr Street, Birmingham. London Office: 17 Hatton Garden
(Associated with the British Watch Co Ltd)
- 1855 William Ehrhardt opened a workshop at 30 Paradise Street, Birmingham.
- 1862 He opened a second manufacturing premises at 26 Augusta Street. From this second address he exhibited watches and instruments at the 1862 International Exhibition in London.
- 1863 The firm moved to larger premises at 72 Great Hampton Street, and later to Time Works, Barr Street.
- By 1880 the firm was manufacturing 500 watches a week, some by hand and some by machine because William was fair minded and appreciated that some of his older staff preferred to work with the old methods.
- By 1898, a shop had been opened in London at which time they advertised that they made 500 patterns in gold and silver ranging in price.
- 1922 Listed Exhibitor. Manufacturers of English Lever Watches, Watch Cases and Gramophone Motors. (Stand No. E.44)
Sources of Information