Whelpdale, Maxwell and Codd
From Graces Guide
Whelpdale, Maxwell and Codd of 17-23 Wigmore Street, London, W1. Telephone: Langham 14232-4. Cables: "Welpiano, Wesdo, London". (1947)
Welmar Pianos, London
1876 Company established
Originally the company that built Welmar and Marshall and Rose Pianos, were set up as British agents for importing Bluthners from Leipzig. They are known as Whelpdale Maxwell and Codd Ltd (WMC).
1938 A fire at the Squire and Longson factory provided WMC with fully trained staff who produced the Welmar and Marshall and Rose range of pianos. They also kept the 'Bluthner Pianos, UK' name, although there is no connection between them and the real Julius Bluthner of Leipzig.
1947 Listed Exhibitor - British Industries Fair. Manufacturers of the "Welmar" Upright and Grand Pianofortes of various modern designs, in any available woods and if desired, of special constrution throughout, for use in Tropical Climates. (Olympia, Ground Floor, Stand No. C.1556) 
Welmar pianos are probably the best pianos still made in the UK and still retain some of the Bluthner characteristics.
Sources of Information
-  Courtney Pianos Website