Weymann Motor Bodies
Weymann Motor Bodies, of Addlestone
In 1923 Charles Terres Weymann (1889-1976) formed a British subsidiary called Weymann Motor Body Co. with a British firm called Rotax to sell licenses in Great Britain, using the old Cunard Motor and Carriage Co Works in Putney
1928 Moved from Putney to Addlestone, taking over a building used by Bleriot, in Station Road
1932 Metropolitan-Cammell-Weymann (MCW) formed to sell bodies from both Weymann and Metropolitan-Cammell (a Birmingham firm who had been building buses for only 3 years, having built railway rolling stock for over 100 years). Designs and knowledge were also shared with Metropolitan Cammell; this lead to the first metal-framed Weymann bus bodies.