W. and F. Wills
W & F Wills Ltd of Bridgwater, Somerset
Founded in 1876 by Walter and Frank Wills
Originally at Polden Street, moving in the 1890s to Perseverance Works on Salmon Parade.
General engineers and founders
Makers of cast iron road signs
Makers of clay-working machinery
Built a number of stationary steam engines, one of which is preserved in running order at Westonzoyland Museum. This has an interesting arrangement of cam-operated poppet valves, the inlet cams providing variable valve lift under control of the governor.
1894 Built steam boat 'Pioneer' for the Somerset Drainage Commission. This used a centrifugal pump to supply a water jet for eroding silt in the River Parrett. This worked for 23 years, and her success led to other contracts, including the 'Eroder' for Bridgwater Docks. 
c.1900 Horizontal steam engine supplied for turning butter churns, separators and a hoist at the small dairy of the Bridgwater Dairy Supply Company at the corner of Blake Street and Dampiet Street in the centre of Bridgwater. 
- See also Wills Pressure Filled Joint Ring
Sources of Information
- Westonzoyland Engine Trust Information Sheet No. 2, from Westonzoyland Museum
-  Note: 11 MB pdf file. The Bridgwater & District Civic Society - Archaeological Building Report on 3 Blake Street.
- 'Somerset in the Age of Steam' by Peter Stanier: Somerset Books 2003
- Blake Museum, Bridgwater