Sampson Bridgwood and Son
of Anchor Pottery, Longton, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffs
1805 The firm was established.
1853 It moved to the Anchor Pottery. They were earthenware manufacturers (also china up to 1887).
Although the company appears to have ceased producing china in the late 19th century they continued to use tradenames such as 'semi-porcelain', 'porcelaine opaque' and 'limoges' for their earthenwares.
1947 Advert in British Industries Fair Catalogue as Exhibiting Member of the British Pottery Manufacturers' Federation of Federation House, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire. Composite Exhibit. (Pottery and Glassware Section - Olympia, Ground Floor, Stand No. A.1199) 
The company closed in the 1990s.
Sources of Information
- 1947 British Industries Fair Adverts 398 and 399; and p38
-  The Potteries Website