Ogston and Tennant
Ogston and Tennant, soap and candle makers, of Aberdeen; aka "Soapy Ogstons"
Sometime after 1892, the soap and candle works of Charles Tennant and Co Ltd at St Rollox was merged with A. Ogston and Sons of Aberdeen, to form Ogston and Tennant Ltd.
1904 Ogston and Tennant were on Loch Street in August 13 1904 and suffered what looks like a huge fire
1911 Agreement between Lever Brothers and Ogston and Tennant that the 2 companies would work "in association".
The company became part of the Lever Group.
Sources of Information
- ↑ First Tennant Memorial Lecture, 1943, delivered by Brigadier General Sir William Alexander to the Glasgow section of the Society of Chemical Industry
- ↑ The Times, 18 November 1911