North Central Wagon Co
From Graces Guide
of Domine Lane, Fullerton Road, Rotherham
1861 The company was established.
A group of astute investors see the business possibilities in leasing wagons to local railway companies, collieries and quarries. A black diamond representing a lump of coal was adopted as the company's symbol.
1894 The company was registered as a limited company on 31 March. 
1901 North Central Wagon Co were Railway Wagon Builders. 
1914 Railway wagon financiers, maintainers and repairers. Specialities: financing and maintaining of railway wagons, conversion of dead buffer stock, manufacture of self-contained spring buffers. 
1918 Wagon Repairs founded to acquire the wagon-repairing business of various wagon-building firms including the North Central Wagon Co.
Sources of Information
- The Stock Exchange Year Book 1908
- White's Directory of Sheffield and Rotherham, 1901 p980
- 1914 Whitakers Red Book