From Graces Guide
of 105/127 Brearley Street, Birmingham. London Office: 27 Monkwell Street, EC2. (1922)
Ditto Address. London Office at 80 Wood Street, EC2. Telephone: Central 5325-6. Cables: "Pelican, Birmingham". (1929)
Ditto Birmingham Address and Cables. Telephone: Birmingham, Aston Cross 0151-6. London Office: 33 King Street, Cheapside, London, EC2. (1947)
- Manufacturers of buttons, hooks and eyes, hairpins and wireless accessories. Records from 1864 to 1934 are stored in Birmingham City Archives.
- 1798 Company established.
- 1903 Incorporated as a limited company.
- 1914 Manufacturers of hooks, eyes, dress fasteners and hairpins. Specialities: dress hooks and eyes, mantle, military and tent hooks, eyes and snap fasteners. Employees 1,000. 
- 1922 Listed Exhibitor - British Industries Fair. Manufacturers of Newey's Hooks and Eyes, Newey's Snap Fasteners, Newey's Hairpins, etc. (Stand No. E.33) 
- 1929 British Industries Fair Advert as Manufacturers of Metal Smallwares. Hooks and Eyes; Press Buttons; Hairpins; Hook and Eye Tape; Corset, Garter and Suspender Fittings. Also Snap Fastener Tape, Four-piece Fasteners for Gloves, etc., "Newlock" Hair Pins, Twinlock Hair Pins. (Textiles and Clothing Section - Stand No. S.70) 
- 1939 Patent - Improvements relating to sewing machines for stitching objects on to tapes, bands, articles of clothing and the like. 
- 1947 British Industries Fair Advert in Association with D. F. Tayler and Co as Manufacturers of: Hooks and Eyes; snap Fasteners; Hair Pins; Buckles; Corset and Suspender Fittings; Hook and Eye Tape; Snap Fastener Tape; Glove Fasteners; 'Newlock' and 'Blend-Rite' Hair Grips; 'Sta-Rite' Hair Pins; Slide Fasteners; 'Wizard' Bodkins; Wire and Sheet Metal Articles. (Fancy Goods Section) 
- 1949 Shows associated company D. F. Tayler and Co
- 1956 Patent - Improvements in the manufacture of ball headed pins. 
Sources of Information
- Peck's Trades Directory of Birmingham, 1896-97: Advertisers
- 1914 Whitakers Red Book
- 1922 British Industries Fair p58
- 1929 British Industries Fair Advert 199; and p125
-  Wikipatents
- 1947 British Industries Fair Advert 302; and p200
-  Wikipatents
-  Buttonmakers Birmingham