of Romford, Essex and Burton-on-Trent
1708 The Star Inn, High Street, Romford, Essex was established
1750 George Cardon began to brew his own ale in the cellars of the Star Inn
1799 When Cardon died, Edward Ind and John Grosvener bought the brewery, located behind the Star Inn in Romford.
1816 Grosvener sold out to John Smith, the business continuing as Ind and Smith.
1845 Smith sold his holding to W. Coope and his brother George.
1845 Octavius and George Coope joined Edward Ind in his brewery business. C. E. Coope joined the firm.
1845 Henry Smith left the Romford Brewery and, with his brother-in-law, head brewer, John Turner, moved to Chiswick to become part of Fuller, Smith and Turner.
1848 Edward Vipan Ind joined the partnership
1856 They became known as Ind Coope and Company. Second brewery opened in Burton on Trent by Ind Coope.
1886 Limited liability company registered
1900 took over Jeremiah Hill and Co, Brentwood Brewery, with 31 public houses
1909 Went into receivership
1912 New company formed which acquired certain assets from the receiver: Ind Coope and Co (1912) Ltd
1914 Acquired Bindley and Co of Burton
1920 Acquired Robinson's Brewery of Burton
1923 Ind Coope and Co (1912) Ltd renamed as Ind Coope and Co Ltd
1923 Acquired Woolfs Ltd, Crewe
1925 Acquired Colchester Brewery Co
1927 Acquired Burton Brewery Co
1929 Acquired All Saint's Brewery of Leicester
1934 Company merged with Samuel Allsopp and Sons, forming Ind Coope and Allsopp.
After 1945 the company became increasingly acquisitive and grew rapidly.
1947 Purchased Aylesbury Brewery
1950 Acquired Lonsdale and Adshead of Macclesfield
1952 Acquired Trouncer and Co of Shrewsbury
1957 Acquired Benskins Watford Brewery
1959 Acquired Taylor Walker and Co, London. The Allsopp name was dropped from the title.