From Graces Guide
of Dereham, Norfolk. London Office at 65 New Oxford Street, WC1. (1922)
London Address: 78a New Oxford Street, WC1. (1947)
1881 Company founded.
1895 Hobbies began supplying modelmakers.
1897 Public company.
1922 British Industries Fair Advert: "The All-British Firm with a World reputation". Fretwork Outfits. Fretwork Machines. Carpentry Outfits. Stripwork Outfits. Also: Fretwork Tools and Benches, Wood, Circular Saws, Lathes, Picture Framing Outfits, Tools, etc. (Stand No. F.38) 
1929 Listed Exhibitor - British Industries Fair. Manufacturers of Fretwork Tools, Outfits and Materials. Carpentry, Picture Framing, Tools, Fretwood, Fret Machines, Circular Saws, Lathes, Benches, etc. Model Steam Launches and Engines, Sailing Yachts, Wireless Cabinets. (Stand No. D.30) 
1937 Engineers, foundrymen and woodworkers. 
1947 British Industries Fair Advert for 'Tools and materials for the amateur craftsman in wood'. Manufacturers of Fretwork Outfits and Tools, Treadle Machines, Model Maker's Tool Kits. Publishers of Hobbies Weekly and Plans for Fretwork, Model Making, Wooden Toys. (Toys and Games Section - Olympia, 2nd Floor, Stand No. 2315) 
1961 Manufacturers and retailers of craft tools and materials, timber merchants, light engineers and Government contractors. 500 employees. 
- Hobbies have their own website: 
Sources of Information
- 1922 British Industries Fair Advert cviii and p38
- 1929 British Industries Fair p80
- 1937 The Aeroplane Directory of the Aviation and Allied Industries
- Mosquito by C. Martin Sharp and Michael J. F. Bowyer. Published by Crecy Books in 1995. ISBN 0-947554-41-6
- 1947 British Industries Fair Advert 500; and p137
- 1961 Dun and Bradstreet KBE