Halleys Industrial Motors
Halley's Industrial Motors of 116 St. Vincent Street, Glasgow, was a manufacturer of commercial vehicles from 1906 to 1935.
1906 Started life as the Glasgow Motor Lorry Co
1907 A fire engine was built by Halley Industrial Motors. The firm had re-located from Finnieston in Glasgow c1907 and acquired a site at Three Part Farm
1910 Started making own engines. Earlier ones were by Tylor.
1910 The first motor pump built by Halley Industrial Motors Ltd of Glasgow, a six-cylinder vehicle
1913-1917 For a list of the models and prices of Petrol Motor Commercial Vehicles see the 1917 Red Book
1914 Was considered one of the Big 10 motor vehicle manufacturers.
WW1 The company made shells.
1920 Produced the P series 3.5 ton with 6-cylinder engine.
1927 Company went in to liquidation but re-appeared as Halley Motors Ltd with help from the North British Locomotive Co
1935 Firm closed and the works at Yoker were acquired by Albion.
- B53 8-ton (1929- )
Sources of Information
- British Lorries 1900-1992 by S. W. Stevens-Stratten. Pub. Ian Allen Publishing
- 1906 The company was registered on 5 July, to take over the business of the Glasgow Motor Lorry Co. 
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found