Hailwood and Ackroyd
of Beacon Works, Morley, near Leeds, Yorkshire. Telephone: Morley 86. Cables: "Hailware, Morley, Yorks, England"
- 1897 Company founded.
- The company traded as Ackroyd and Best until 1927, also at the Beacon Works. They were well known as one of the UK's leading makers of miners' flame safety lamps and less well know as the makers of miners' carbide type lamps.
- 1927 The company re-formed as Hailwood and Ackroyd.
- 1929 Advert as Manufacturers of Glassware, Table and Illuminating, blown and pressed in crystal, opal and other colours. Also chemical and heat-resistant Glassware; Metal Stampings and Pressings; Acetylene and Miners' Safety Flame Lamps. (Glassware Section - Stand No. F.13)
- 1937 Glassware.
- 1961 Precision engineers, aluminium founders, lighting fittings and illuminating glassware manufacturers.
Sources of Information
-  Mining Memorabilia
- 1929 British Industries Fair Advert 62 and p73
- 1961 Dun and Bradstreet KBE
- 1937 The Aeroplane Directory of the Aviation and Allied Industries