Grace's Guide

British Industrial History

Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 123,216 pages of information and 190,142 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.

Gunnislake Mine

From Graces Guide

Jump to: navigation, search

Gunnislake Mine, formerly called WERE FOX and CLITTERS, is in the township of Gunnislake, in the parish of Calstock, union of Liskeard, hundred of East, Cornwall, within the bounds of the manor of Calstock and duchy of Cornwall, and mining district of Callington, and formed the greater part of the sett of old Gunnislake mine, formerly worked to great advantage; it is on the border of the river Tamar, situated 5 miles from the town of Callington.

1856 the mine was formerly worked by Mr. John Williams, of Scorrier, and Mr. Fox, of Falmouth but is now worked under the name of Gunnislake mine[1].

See Also

Loading...

Sources of Information

  1. 1856 Mines in Devon and Cornwall