George Swift and Sons
From Graces Guide
George Swift of Claremont Ironworks, Halifax.
1900 Issued catalogue of machine tools including drillers, shaping and grinding machines, lathes. The works have just doubled in size.
1917 Advert as Machine Tool Makers.
1919 Advert as Machine Tool Makers.
1920 September. Exhibited at the Machine Tool and Engineering Exhibition at Olympia with machine tools.
1937 Machine tool manufacturers.
1970 Faced with continued losses in machine tools, the Craven-Swift Division was closed
Sources of Information
- The Times, Mar 27, 1956
- The Times (London, England), Tuesday, Mar 03, 1970
- The Times, Aug 28, 1970
- The Engineer of 6th July 1900 p17
- Mechanical World Year Book 1917. Published by Emmott and Co of Manchester. Advert p224
- Mechanical World Year Book 1919. Published by Emmott and Co of Manchester. Advert p255
- The Engineer of 10th September 1920 p244
- 1937 The Aeroplane Directory of the Aviation and Allied Industries