Ellgreave Pottery Co
of Ellgreave Street, Burslem, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire. (1929)
Ditto Address. Telephone: Stoke-on-Trent 7727. (1937)
- 1921 The Ellgreave Pottery Co was founded by Wood and Sons, who were later famously associated with Susie Cooper. Ellgreave's main production was in teapots and quality domestic earthenware, but they also made figurines, tableware, vases, and piggy banks, etc.
- c.1923 Charlotte Rhead, who had been working at Wood and Sons since 1912, after her father had been appointed art director of the company, designed for the Ellgreave Pottery and had a considerable hand in modernising their designs. Much of her work was sold by Ellgreave under the trade name of Lottie Rhead Ware.
- 1929 Listed Exhibitor - British Industries Fair. Manufacturers of Jet and Rockingham Ware and Fancies. (Stand No. F.7)
- 1937 Listed Exhibitor - British Industries Fair. Ellgreave Tiles. Comprehensive range of White Body Tile and Faience Fireplaces. Several departures from orthodox ideas, including one Suite having Built-in Aquarium, giving revolutionary method of fireplace decoration. (Stand Nos. B.603 and B.502)
- 1981 Having continued production without a break since 1921 the pottery closed.