From Graces Guide
of Duxhurst, near Reigate, Surrey
The Duxhurst Pottery was associated with the Duxhurst Colony, established in 1896, near Reigate, Surrey.
The aims of the colony was for the rehabilitation of Women addicted to the evils of drink and who had been given the option by the Courts: either prison or the Colony. It was a project of Lady Henry Somerset and the lease was owned by the British Women's Temperance Association.
After Lady Somerset died in 1921, and by 1923, the colony had become the Princess Marie Louise Village for Gentlefolk and it was advertised for sale in the Times in 1936.
- 1922 Listed Exhibitor - late entry. Manufacturers of Earthenware Goods, Casseroles, and Cooking Ware, Butter Coolers, Coffee Pots, Jugs and Domestic Earthenware. (Stand No. G.31a)