Dean, Smith and Grace
From Graces Guide
Dean, Smith and Grace of Keighley were machine tool makers, renowned for their high quality lathes.
1855/65 Company founded.
1900 Crank Shaft Lathe. Article and illustration in 'The Engineer'
1908 Private company formed as Dean, Smith and Grace (1908) Ltd.
1911 12 inch Centre lathe.
1920 September. Exhibited at the Machine Tool and Engineering Exhibition at Olympia with a lathe designed for repetition work of a varied nature 
1923 Name changed.
1927 See Aberconway for information on the company and its history
1949 Death of Sir Harry Smith, managing director
1961 Lathe makers. 700 employees 
1968 Numerical controlled lathe. (Dean, Smith and Grace) 
1995 Company in liquidation
Lathe. Exhibit at Bradford Industrial Museum
Sources of Information
- Oxford Junior Encyclopaedia. Volume VIII. Engineering. Oxford University Press, 1955
- The Times, Feb 25, 1888
- London Gazette 24 February 1888
- The Engineer 1908/10/23
- The Engineer of 1st October 1920 p332
- The Times, Nov 24, 1949
- 1961 Dun and Bradstreet KBE
- The Engineer of 21st June 1968 p979
- London Gazette 6 December 1995