The company 'Dietrich and Cie' in Luneville had a reputation as a manufacturer of railway materials.
- 1896 started building cars. The first three-wheeler was designed by Amedee Bollee, the older brother of Leon Bollee. Shortly afterwards, the young Ettore Bugatti was commissioned to design a few models for the new make. The cars designed by Bugatti were driven by two, four and six-cylinder engines.
- 1905 the car's name was changed to Lorraine Dietrich. The cross of Lotharingen was mounted on the massive radiator.
- 1905 Make 12-15, 16-20, 24-30, 40-50 and 60 h.p. chain driven models. Made under the licence of Turcat-Mery. 
- 1909 Nine different models offered. The Dietrich company invested a great deal in racing. The racing cars had enormous engines and were specially designed for the purpose.
- 1913-1917 For a list of the models and prices see the 1917 Red Book
- 1919 The factory produced V12 engines.
- 1923 The company never produced small cars. The model with the smallest engine was the A4 10/12 CV type dating from 1923.
- 1931 Again produced V12 engines as prototype.
- 1934 Car production was stopped. The business focused once again on railway materials, and tank and aircraft engines.
- c1901 BS 4126
- 1902 A 2101
- 1903 3 JOT
Sources of Information
- The Automobile Vol. III. Edited by Paul N. Hasluck and published by Cassell and Co in 1906.
- Motorbase