Coventry Chain Co
From Graces Guide
Coventry Chain Co Ltd., of Coventry, chain manufacturers. Connected with the Coventry Repetition Co
1896 The company originated in the cycle chain business founded by Alick Sargeant Hill in Dale Street, Coventry
1902 The Coventry Chain Co. Ltd. was registered as a private limited company
1906 Patented the helical (spiral) roller formed by wire strip.
1907 Company wound up. Alick Sargeant Hill appointed as liquidator.
1907 Re-formed as a public company.
1907 Plans for new premises at Spon End, Coventry
1914 Manufacturers of Coventry Chains for all engineering purposes. Employees 1,500. 
1916 Developed and manufactured track chains for use on tank vehicles.
1917 Advert for the Coventry noiseless chain. 
1917 Advert. Noiseless chains for textile manufacturers. 
1919 Advert for the Coventry noiseless chain. 
1919 A new French selling venture, French Chains Ltd., was set up (this was liquidated after the merger with Renolds in 1931)
1926 A Belgian subsidiary and an American undertaking were established in 1926.
1930 The company merged with Hans Renold Ltd
Sources of Information
-  Gazette Issue 28028 published on the 7 June 1907. Page 25 of 78
- 1914 Whitakers Red Book
- The Times, Monday, Jul 19, 1915
- Mechanical World Year Book 1917. Published by Emmott and Co of Manchester. Advert p 86
- 1917 Worrall's Yorkshire Textile Directory Advert p267
- Mechanical World Year Book 1919. Published by Emmott and Co of Manchester. Advert p
- The Times, Monday, Nov 16, 1925
- The Times, Wednesday, Mar 11, 1931
-  Manchester Archives