From Graces Guide
of Sheffield (HQ) and Leeds (factory)
At one time was one of Britain's largest chains of clothes shops
1903 Montague Burton set up a general outfitter in Chesterfield selling ready-made suits bought from a wholesaler.
1909 the name of the company was changed from M. Burton to Burton and Burton.
By 1913 Burton had five men's tailor shops with headquarters in Sheffield and manufacturing in Leeds.
By 1929 There were four hundred shops, as well as factories and mills, when the company went public.
WWII Made a quarter of the British military uniforms and a third of the demobilisation clothing.