From Graces Guide
of Chester Road, Aston, Birmingham 7, division of the Timken Roller Bearing Company
1937 Makers of tapered roller, parallel roller and ball bearings. "Timken" Ball and Roller Bearings.
1939 See Aircraft Industry Suppliers
1940 Advert. Tapered roller bearings.
1941 Works built on a green-field site at Duston, Northants, to produce roller bearings. At its peak over 4,000 people were employed in the factory.
1945 Advert. Tapered roller bearings. Associated company is Fischer Bearings Co of Wolverhampton.
1959 Sir Frederick John Pascoe became British Timken's chairman.
1960 Advert for slicer-loader from their operation at Dunston, Northampton.
1960 Advert. Tapered roller bearings.
1968 Tapered roller bearings by Timken Bearing Company.
2002 Production ceased at Duston; the works were demolished over the next 4 years.
Sources of Information
- * 1937 The Aeroplane Directory of the Aviation and Allied Industries
- Report by Northampton Industrial Archaeology Group 
- Sir Frederick John Pascoe 
- Mechanical World Year Book 1940. Published by Emmott and Co of Manchester. Advert p202
- Mechanical World Year Book 1945. Published by Emmott and Co of Manchester. Advert p240
- Mining Year Book 1960. Published by Walter E. Skinner. Advert p818
- The Engineer of 5th January 1968 p42
- Mechanical World Year Book 1960. Published by Emmott and Co of Manchester. Advert p240