Bells United Asbestos Co
From Graces Guide
Bell's United Asbestos Co, makers of asbestos cement products, of 59 Southwark Street, London SE
c.1877-9 Discovery of crysotile asbestos in Canada
c.1880 after the formation of the United Asbestos Co, John Bell acquired samples; he then sought advice from a Lancashire cotton spinner and weaver, Samuel Turner, who entered an agreement to supply woven asbestos to John Bell. When that agreement came to an end, Turner Brothers Asbestos Co entered the market as competitors.
1888 Bell's Asbestos Co was incorporated as a Limited Company to carry on the business of asbestos mine owners and manufacturers.
1914 Asbestos Manufacturers. 
1918 Bell's Poilite joint cover strip (see advert)
1922 Bell’s United Asbestos Co Ltd and the Raybestos Company of Bridgeport, Connecticut, a subsidiary of Raybestos-Manhattan, formed Raybestos-Belaco.
1928 Turner and Newall purchased Bells United Asbestos Co Ltd, a group of companies manufacturing asbestos-cement building products: pressure pipes for water supply systems, asbestos textiles and asbestos papers and paper laminates for electrical insulation. Factories were in Harefield in Middlesex, Erith in Kent and Widnes in Lancashire.
1929 Turner and Newall established a new subsidiary company, Turners Asbestos Cement Co Ltd to administer its Trafford Park works and former Bell's United Asbestos companies. Bell's merchanting interests were sold to Bells Asbestos and Engineering Supplies Ltd, a company outside the Turner and Newall group formed for the purpose; the goods sold were to be manufactured by Turner Brothers Asbestos Co.
Also see Bell's Poilite and Everite Co