Belhaven Engineering and Motors
of Belhaven Foundry, Morningside, Newmains, Lanarkshire
of Belhaven Works, Wishaw. (1908)
Belhaven built steam and petrol-engined vehicles.
Incorporated as Robert Morton and Sons
1907 Belhaven Engineering and Motors was registered on 4 May, for the purpose of carrying on the business of engineers and ironfounders, and of manufacturing motor vehicles of all kinds, and acquired the business of Robert Morton and Sons. 
The first of the Belhaven petrol-powered lorries used Tyler and then latterly Aster power units, coupled with the now proven chain drive transmission. These models were produced primarily as chassis cabs until their demise in 1924 when technology and the need to re-tool surpassed the capabilities of the Wishaw factory.
The majority of Belhaven owners had their vehicle bodies manufactured locally by John Stewart who set up business in the Coltness Coachworks on Kirk Road, Wishaw offering a custom built facility to coach and lorry operators.
1912 Purchased by Belhaven Limited.
Sources of Information
- The Stock Exchange Year Book 1908