Axholme Joint Railway
The Axholme Joint Railway was a joint enterprise between the Lancashire and Yorkshire Railway (L&Y) and the North Eastern Railway (NER) when they purchased the Goole and Marshland Light Railway and the Isle of Axholme Light Railway
The company was formed in 1902. The line ran from Marshland Junction, SE of Goole, to Haxey on another joint railway (this time owned by Great Northern Railway and the Great Eastern Railway) between Doncaster and Gainsborough, a distance of 19.5 miles. There was a branch line from Reedness to Fockerby on the River Trent estuary; and a freight-only branch from Epworth to Hatfield Moor.
- 1923 Became part of London, Midland and Scottish Railway
- The line closed to passengers on 15 July 1933; it is now closed altogether.