1862 London Exhibition: Catalogue: Class VIII.: Knowelden and Co
From Graces Guide
1901. KNOWELDEN and CO., Park Street, Southwark.
Patent pumps, valves, hydraulic motive engines and cranes, safety valve, etc.
1. KNOWELDEN and EDWARDS'S PATENT DIAPHRAGM PUMPS.
The working barrel of these pumps, protected by the diaphragm, are uninjurable from grit, sewage matter, and all such causes, which act injuriously on the working barrels of all other pumps. The valves can be withdrawn, and any impediment to their free action, removed, and replaced in a minute. By the reversal of the handle the suction pipe becomes the outlet one, through which water may be forced at a great pressure; so that no inaction from choking, or injury to the barrel can take place in these patent pumps. These advantages render them invaluable for ships' use, mines, etc.
2. KNOWELDEN and EDWARDS'S PATENT DOUBLE-ACTION DIAPHRAGM PUMP, a modification in make of the above described pump. For use of brewers, distillers, chemical works, etc.
3. KNOWELDEN and EDWARDS'S PATENT STEAM PUMPING ENGINE.
4. KNOWELDEN and EDWARDS'S PATENT 10-HORSE STEAM ENGINE.
5. KNOWELDEN'S PATENT SAFETY VALVE.